Mittwoch, 21. November 2007

Father and son


Task: After reading chapter 7:1. Comment on the following quote: "And, of course, Alex understood only too well." (p.43, l.33)2. Write a different ending of the chapter: "That night, when Alex had gone to sleep, TOM picked up his diary and began writing." (compare p.43, l.34f)

1. In this chapter became clear, that trust and credibility (Glaubwürdigkeit) go hand in hand. On one hand, Alex did'nt really want to understand his dad because he still had doubts that especially growed when Tom wasn't there all the time but otherwise by spending time with his father, Alex recognized that everyone isn't perfect and people always makes mistakes but it's never to late to apologize. Especially when Alex put himself into Tom's situation, he had probably acted in the same way, then who wants to stay with a person with which you have lived apart. Slowly but surely Alex understand his dad's decision because friends should accept those.

2. Friday, 8 February
Today, Alex and I had a quite trustful conversation. To be honest I've expected Alex question, why I've left him already earlier. Also if I was preapered because I always had to think about, I was afraid that he nevertheless could understand something wrong. But fortunately I think that he took receipt of my answer. Or at least I hope, because he haven't really showed some of his feelings. But when I looked at the passed day I know we've augmented our trust, also if there are 16 years between us.
Alex, I hope you've accept me as your father!
What do you think, has Alex enought trust to his father that he will tell him about Dani? and What's about the band, how will they go on?


4 Kommentare:

Sophie hat gesagt…

hey.. in my last post you asked me what alex maybe will ask his father .. but I already wrote it down in this other post under my last.. you can read it there. THX for your comment by

Arda hat gesagt…

hi,
thanks for your comment, but I really cannot follow you. I don't know what you mean with "How do you imply that he does?"...
I would be very thankful if you can explain that in another way.
Kisses, Arda

Arda hat gesagt…

hi,
thank you so much. Now I understand your question :).
I think Alex began to understand his father that he didn't contact him, because it seemed so for me. I didn't have a really adapted reason to say that...in that point you're right, but I think with understanding the author meant also that Alex understood why his father left or didn't contact. Can you follow me?
lov ya, Arda

Apfelkind hat gesagt…

hey!!!! I meant that Alex can put himself into Toms place, he can understand his dad....sorry that it isn`t so understandable!
thank you to wrote a comment to my post, but I don`t think that I`m so uncreativ, because it`s the way i see Tom writes into his diary....^^
byby yours Laura